Monday 25 January 2010

Back Tracking

Previously i used this blog as a diary of my final project at uni. So i thought i would do a quick summarise of it.

I based my final project around the Russian folk lore character of Baba Yaga, using the tale of Vasillisa the Fair. Baba Yaga lives in a forest, in a house that walks on chicken legs, and flies around in a pestle and mortar, and naturally eats anyone who crosses her. Think the witch in Hansel and Gretel, but far more interesting. If you haven't heard of her, i defiantly recommend reading up on her.
Baba Yaga by Ivan Bilibin

So for my project i designed Baba Yaga's crooked moving home, and also a character design of the witch.


















The character design was something i struggled with a little bit, i tried to create someone who
looked menacing and frightening, yet slightly frail at the same time.

See my behance for more images from this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment